There’s no getting around the change of seasons in Bloomfield, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the forefront of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the ideal time to think about annual furnace service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in a number shapes and forms, including:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners solely associate furnace service with switching out filters, but having a tune-up completed can help your system run better, providing you with efficient comfort that can help you save on your monthly heating costs.
- Take It Down A Notch. Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty evident, but when your system doesn’t have to run as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy costs.
- Filters. Another quick fix that most every homeowner can take care of on their own, swapping furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more effortlessly, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s easy to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to use caulk and weatherstripping to close those irritating holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Stanford Heating & Cooling expert drops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are available. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping decrease your monthly energy expenses.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list comprehensive, but there are a few simple ways to help increase your comfort when the temperatures go down in Bloomfield. Whether you’re calling to schedule annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is ideal for your system, give the experts at Stanford Heating & Cooling a call at 812-825-8695 to start saving a little more today.