Summer is upon us! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To optimize your comfort and really relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Bloomfield is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Stanford Heating & Cooling consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape this season.
- First, another opportunity to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold weather. Starting your air conditioner before removing the cover can seriously damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s performance. cut the grass, get rid any debris and remove overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These easy steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you would like to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Stanford Heating & Cooling in Bloomfield at 812-825-8695 today.