In Bloomfield you rely on your furnace
to keep you comfortable throughout the winter. If it’s been a while since you had a standard maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be preparing for furnace repair
visit any day. Simply put, you might have a dirty air filter, which can obstruct air flow and impact your furnace’s performance. It could even produce issues with your furnace’s limit switch, which runs furnace operation.
There are a few other reasons you may need a furnace repair. We’ve compiled some indicators for you to search for. The quicker you can call for a heat pump maintenance, the better. Call in an expert, like Stanford Heating & Cooling, if you see any of these signs:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it operating enough? Is it operating all the time? Is the air blowing through as freely as it should, or does it seem feeble? Signs related to your blower could indicate a slight problem with your air filter or the internal blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you ramping up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cold? This could be a issue with your thermostat. It might be that your furnace is too small for your home. It may even be a problem with your gas source or your pilot light, amid other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts operating noisily or generating noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be a problem.
- You smell gas. You absolutely don’t want to interfere with this one. If you smell gas, cut off your furnace right away and turn off its gas supply. Stay clear from lighting matches or changing on lights until your HVAC pro or your gas company checks it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Often times this is a clogged condensation line. This could need both plumbing and HVAC professionals to solve.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is increasing, but your usage is not, there could be a number of issues. Your HVAC professional will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these indicators, you’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Stanford Heating & Cooling at 812-825-8695 when you need to schedule repairs or routine maintenance.