As warmer weather starts, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Bloomfield? Especially if your air conditioning unit is recently installed or was running just fine last summer.
Here’s one approach to contemplate it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never have to book any work for it, such as changing the oil or buying new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s a machine that uses fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can end up with leaks and its moving parts can fail.
Having your unit examined annually by a Stanford Heating & Cooling tech can help locate little issues before they turn into major malfunctions. (And cause your air conditioning to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is placed outside, it’s more prone to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can greatly lower your system’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that build up inside your equipment can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can cause increased energy consumption—and a bigger cooling bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and may even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly energy costs and in the long-term, since you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps locate little troubles before they turn into big, costly issues. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will keenly inspect components and perform a cycle of cooling performance checks. These in-depth procedures often allow us to locate troubles before they turn into major troubles that lead to an expensive repair bill.
- It helps guarantee stress-free comfort throughout the season. After your AC is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is ready to provide worry-free air. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require annual maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this tune-up, your equipment is at risk for advanced meltdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC tune-up should include an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC technician. Here’s some of the things we’ll perform:
We’ll inspect the following spots and components:
- Overall system condition
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Service Today with Stanford Heating & Cooling
Now is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Stanford Heating & Cooling pros a call at 812-825-8695 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, make sure to look at our discount offers for savings on your approaching service.