It seems as though we are ever-connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, looking for the latest sports scores or perusing Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be used for simple conveniences like knowing when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These mean you can control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and don’t turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and change the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically switch the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or away.
Smart thermostats have been mentioned quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to change, they will surely become even more common. And why not? They do offer a number of perks and allow you to have the greatest control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they know your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re away so that you can get the best savings possible. Smart thermostats ensure that your comfort is always a peak priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to swap your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to arrange air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can rely on your system to inform you when there is a concern or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are developed for easy integration across a variety of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can choose the ideal one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to improve like most pieces of technology, but they already provide a variety of perks that can help better your comfort, potentially lower your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to set up air conditioner service. Stanford Heating & Cooling in Bloomfield has a number of thermostats to select from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 812-825-8695.