Having standard air conditioning service performed at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Bloomfield summer, have the specialists at Stanford Heating & Cooling complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a proper air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, rather than illegally freeing it to the environment.
- Look for correct airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We advise looking at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Stanford Heating & Cooling today at 812-825-8695.