During the colder Bloomfield months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it occurs, a simple call to Stanford Heating & Cooling will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some signs you should monitor for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Stanford Heating & Cooling right away if you notice any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be examined by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not big enough for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Stanford Heating & Cooling can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, call us and our team can help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Stanford Heating & Cooling at 812-825-8695 or book an appointment with us online.