With warmer temperatures right around the corner, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at its best, it can save a significant amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could drastically raise your bills and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Stanford Heating & Cooling specialist complete air conditioning service
at least annually is critical to keeping your system working efficiently for the long haul. He or she can be sure the unit is working as it should be and can identify possible problems prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your expert air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during winter. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could harm your system and leave you needing major repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area by your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they may obstruct airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any aspect of it.
During the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or swapped out during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them every month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has it’s own needs when it comes to air filter replacement, varying on things like owning house pets or performing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also make sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you keep a comfortable home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer offers. Give the team at Stanford Heating & Cooling a call at 812-825-8695.